Freitag, 3. Oktober 2014

New release at Aurora Wings Showcase Blog - Trick or Treat Boys (with a little trick on my card... hehe :-D )

Hello, peeps :-)


There's something going on again at the Aurora Wings Showcase Blog!

Our very talented artist Mitzi Sato-Wiuff designed another sweet and eerie digistamp for Halloween - the "Trick or Treat Boys"!

Oh beware, I'm sure, if you don't give them treats, they will play you some really bad, bad tricks..... naughty little boys... :-D




 You can find them HERE at the Aurora Wings Etsy Shop :-)



My inspirational card I made for you, has also a little trick inside - do you want to see it?











A shadow box card for Halloween.....




















.... which brings you some eldritch red light for the Halloween night.......














Creepie, right? :-D

(Wow, rhymed three times *lol*)



Here's a close up from my colored image.


I used my Copic Ciao Markers for coloring.

(W7, W5, 0, C3, E04, E11, R00, E000, R22, R27, R37, R59, Y21, YR23, Y17, Y15, YG91, YG95, G21, G85, G99, E43, E35, E29, E49)

The spiderweb you see at the background is hand-drawn and also hand cutted (as I don't have any Halloween themed cutting dies yet - maybe I should get some for next year :-D )




The idea for a illuminated card came like a lightening, when I had finished my card and shown it to my hubby. I said "Would'nt that be fun, if I could add a little LED somewhere at this card?"

And one minute later he came along with a little case with different stash for his RC-model cars, including: some LED's and coin cells :-D - "So, what do you need?"
(Thank god my lovely hubby is a crafter, too :-D )











I added a little pocket to the backside of my card for the 3V 2032 coin cell.....















... to the bottom side i pricked two little holes where the connecting wires of the LED leads in.

I fixed the LED to the inside of the card with hot glue.














A little look from the top side of the card, to show you the different planes I did.

(When I took these picture, I hadn't the LED glued in yet ;-) )
















The background paper is from "Folia", the full moon with the flying witch is out from the same sheet of paper. 
I just cut it out and added it with 3D foam pads onto my background card layer.










I hope you like  my special card for our current showcase :-D


 

And don't be scared to take a look at my teammates excellent creations at the Aurora Wings Showcase Blog, so different and so many ideas!! 


Thank you for stopping by :-)



I wish you a happy weekend :-)

Hugs and greets, 
xx Karola xx

6 Kommentare:

  1. Klasse geworden. Toller Effekt mit dem Licht. Das Motiv ist ja zauberhaft gruselig und wunderschön coloriert.
    liebe Grüße
    Andrea

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. When I first saw this project of yours as the 'shadowbox', I thought it was awesome with the boys in the foreground, colored beautifully, and the moon and witch motif in the background setting up a perfect mood for the scene. Then I find out there's a red LED light inside! Genius!! I LOVE this so much!!

    Mitzi xxx

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Hallo Karola

    wow sehr schöne Idee mit den Licht.
    Klasse efekt .
    Deine Karte ist wieder ein sehr schöner Hingucker.
    LG
    manu

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Fantastic ! this is an amazing creation, one more of the many you have made !
    Have a great week, Holly

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Wow wahnsinns Shadow Box sieht hammer aus und ich bin echt baff was du so colorierst.
    Lg Elfie

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Just saw the link from Mitzi's Eysy shop...this is an awesome card!!!!!
    LOVE the added light to make this fun and spooky card really shine (pun intended I suppose..haha!) Well done!

    AntwortenLöschen