Montag, 20. Juli 2015

Aurora Wings Challenge #17 - Anything with Wings

Hello, dear readers and Aurora Wings - Challenge - fans :-)


Today it's time for a new challenge over at the Aurora Wings Challenge Blog, themed "Anything with Wings" - with many beautiful inspirations for you from our designteam!



First, I barely couldn't decide, with which one of the fabulous images from Aurora Wings I could work. But then I decided to do a steampunk - themed thing, and I made this canvas using the Steampunk Dark Angel:


 


Ok, I must confess that the canvas wasn't especially made for this project.

I did it a few weeks ago, meant for using it for another project - but then I changed my mind, did another background, and kept this one at my stash.
It was already prepared with blue and white acrylic paint, some texture paste and a little bit golden acrylic paint.

So when I thought about what to do for this challenge, I remembered the canvas - added some silver acrylic paint and blue and white glitter..... - and colored my image for this project in adapted colors.









I used Copic Ciao Markes and some Spectrum Noir Markers for coloring, and then I fuzzy cut out the image and fixed it with 3D glue pads to my project.

















To some parts of the image, I added some "Glossy Accents" dimensional glue.











The gear - wheels (using cutting dies from X-Cut and Memory Box), aswell as the clocks (cutting dies from Marianne Design) where cut out from silver foil and colored with Copics to give them different colors and a little "rusty" look.














.... some close - ups......

















Around the canvas, a chain was glued with hot glue, and at the bottom right corner I added a colored heart pendant and two wings together.









We look foreward to see all your beautiful creations at our challenge :-)



 Have a nice day :-)

xxx Karola xxx

7 Kommentare:

  1. Oh this is fabulous, Karola! The canvas coouldn't be more perfect. It certainly looks like it was made for this project and your coloring, amazing fussy cutting, and cool Steampunk embellies make me swoon. Gorgeous! xxD

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. What an awesome and powerful piece, Karola!! I love how you went away from the typical steampunk colors of browns on this one. The blues are beautiful on this image. You've done a fantastic job coloring the blades on her mechanical wings - GORGEOUS!! I'm loving all your pics so I can really appreciate the details and effort that went into this amazing canvas! Thank you so much for a spectacular inspiration for our new challenge at Aurora Wings!

    Mitzi xxx

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. What can I say, STUNNING, your colouring on this piece is amazing, love everything about this canvas :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Mensch Karola, du übertriffst dich immer wieder aufs neue!! Dieses Bild ist echt eine Wucht! Alles ist wieder so schön aufeinander abgestimmt und deine Coloration ist mehr als Lobenswert! - Eine wirklich einmalige Kreation!!
    Bisou, Rosi

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Fabulous piece of art with stunning colouring ! Love it ^_^

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. STUNNING..amazingly so..

    luv CHRISSYxx

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. Wahnsinn! Einfach Wahnsinn! Echt absolut toll! Fantastisch! Bin geplättet! Wow!

    AntwortenLöschen