Sonntag, 14. September 2014

Challenge #37 at "Pile it on" Challengeblog - "Flowers and / or feathers"

Hello my dear friends!


Today there's a new challenge going on at the Pile it on challengeblog, and we, the members of the Aurora Wings Showcaseblog where kindly invited to show our creations for the current theme

Flowers and / or feathers

there, because our very talented Mitzi Sato Wiuff from Aurora Wings is sponsoring this challenge!



Thank you so much for your invitation there at Pile it on, I'm so pleased that I can show some inspirational piece at your challenge!
 
 
 
And this is what I made for:
 


I thought, Mitzi's "New Beginnings" would be the perfect image for this theme, flowers and feathers allover :-D



I colored this beauty with Copic Ciao Markes, for though I love my Spectrum Noirs, in this case the Copics worked much better because of the brush nibs.

My card is sized 15x10cm, so you can imagine, some details are really small (like the flower crown in her hair)

Want to see some details? ;-)









I used different shades of colors for her hair.....





















.... and many different colors in blues, greens, yellows and reds for the beautiful phoenix.















Overall, I kept this card pretty simple, I wanted to set the main focus on the image.




But I added some small real feathers to the tops of the peacock feathers........

















.... and three little handmade paper flowers to the corner.











So I hope, you like my inspirational card for the Pile it on challenge, and you would play along with them :-)



Have a great day :-)

Hugs, 
Karola

5 Kommentare:

  1. Hi Lola! :)
    this is sooooo stunning! your coouring is amazing, and so so delicate with all those small details!
    Superb, and utterly inspirational - as always!

    Hugs,
    Laila

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Hi Lola, was für eine Farbexplosion *irre*.
    Wie lange hast Du wohl daran gesessen.
    Die Coloration ist wieder Hammerstark, aber Du hast Deine Stifte ja eh gut im Griff *schmunzel*.

    Liebe Grüße sendet Dir BAstelfeti

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Hallo Karola

    Oh man du zeigst hier wieder eine Karte nach der anderen die sooo wunderschön ist.
    WOW sso schöne Farben so genial coloriert und das bei der Größ Hammer.
    Sehr schöne Karte
    lG
    manu

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. WOW Lola this is just breathtaking...LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!!
    Huge Hugz, Lorraine xx

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Wow!!!! Diese Farben - vor allem an den Federn, echt spitze!!!! Bin auch endlich mal dazu gekommen, meine Stifte zu würdigen :-P. In letzter Zeit bin ich fast nicht zum Basteln gekommen, da war es heute mal eine richtige Wohltat!!!! Tolle Karte!!!!

    LG!

    AntwortenLöschen